Whatever Wednesday: Seven deadly sins, scary movies and sharks!

It’s been a long time since I’ve published a Whatever Wednesday post but I have decided I missed writing them. I enjoy sharing my random thoughts with you and hope you will do the same in the comments below.

So without further ado… let’s talk sharks, scary movies, sins and more!

The Conjuring

I looove a good scary movie.  I’ve never been a fan of slasher flicks and films like Saw but Poltergeist, Rosemary’s Baby, The Shining and The Exorcist still freak me out every time I watch them.

whatever wednesday tom ford shopping film blog improvement  Whatever Wednesday: Seven deadly sins, scary movies and sharks!

It’s been a long time since I’ve felt that any new releases lived up to those films but I think that The Conjuring comes close.

If you want to see a good scary movie see The Conjuring. But be warnedit will make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. In a good way.

Have you seen The Conjuring?

Do you have any other scary movie recommendations?

The Seven Deadly Sins & Your Blog

If you are a blogger I highly recommend that you devote some time to Grit & Glamour’s new “Seven Deadly Sins” series. V’s blog is never lacking when it comes to quality thought-provoking content and this particular series really resonated with me because I know I am guilty of at least a few of the sins she’s covered to date. Like this one:

Are you guilty of any of these sins?

Birchbox Customer Service

More often than not, when it comes to customer service we typically focus on the negative.  We always share our bad experiences with others and seldom say anything about the good moments.

I wanted to take a moment to focus on the positive.

I recently had to reach out to Birchbox customer service twice with some minor issues – one a mistake of my own doing and the other a problem with a shipment I received.

Both times they went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate me and make things right. So… thank you Birchbox. Thank you Emily S. and thank you Dana.

Melissa McCarthy vs. The Spanx

This clip speaks for itself.

SHARK ATTACK!

Why settle for a regular stapler when you could buy this shark stapler by Jac Zagoory Designs!

Is it weird that I love this?  Because I do.  Gimme.

Currently Coveting

The Fall/Winter 2013 Footwear Collection by TOM FORD.  Especially these:

Zipper-Heel Leather Ankle Boot ($1,390)

Hand-Stitched Lattice Leather Bootie ($1,550)

Zipper-Heel Suede Zip-Front Bootie ($1,150)

If I have to pick just one… I think I’d go with the last pair. Love the zipper detail… just stunning.

Your Turn!

What is on your mind this Whatever Wednesday?

{ 9 comments… add one }

CommentLuv badge

Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

• A Brit Greek August 24, 2013, 5:18 AM

Horror/slasher movies yikes, I’ll watch ‘em but mostly with hands covering my eyes. I know what a wuss! But that’s what I did every time the trailer for The Conjuring came on! lol There are plenty of Japanese horror movies, not necessarily slasher type, but The Grudge & The Ring (not with Naomi Watts) is pretty terrifying.

I just love those TF Zipper boots!
            x.o.x.o
            A Brit Greek latest blog post: FABULOUS FRIDAYS: BLACK & WHITE BRILLIANCE

• Beautifully Invisible August 27, 2013, 11:38 AM

I did exactly that (covering my eyes with my hands) throughout large chunks of The Conjuring – I would peak through my fingers. HA! I saw the Grudge and The Ring (original Japanese versions) and liked both. So much better than the remakes.

Thanks for commenting doll – trying to slowly get back in the swing of things! xoxo

• Rachel Dahl August 20, 2013, 1:45 AM

Ah, yeah I loved The Conjuring. I am a fan of the director as well. Hmm, have you seen The Woman in Black, Mama, Sinister, or Orphan? Those are just some of the things I have in my head right now, besides the other movies everyone has talked about a lot already.
            Rachel Dahl latest blog post: Corset Skirts & Ashton Kutcher’s “Sexy” Speech

• Beautifully Invisible August 27, 2013, 11:43 AM

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for stopping by! Yes, I have actually seen all 4 of those! I know Mama was popular but i thought it was over-rated (the ending ruined the whole thing for me). Sinister was OK but I preferred Insidious. WIB wasn’t bad… Orphan was just so-so for me. Lots of decent films released lately, though none come close to The Conjuring for me!

• Rachel August 28, 2013, 12:24 PM

Hehe, it does always seem so varied with the level of scare people get with certain horror movies. I had a recent discussion about that with a few folks around my neck of the woods. The scariest thing for one person was another person’s laughable moment. I really do think that scary movies, although meant to be scary to everyone, directly interacts with an individual’s personal demon(s). For some reason, Sinister and Orphan scared the crap outta me. Everybody else I talked to said that both of those movies were just creepy but not scary.

There were two girls and two guys in that discussion I was in, and both girls said that Mama was not that scary (including me). Both guys were terrified of Mama! I wanted to know what you thought of it, but it does look like we both didn’t find it too scary. I enjoyed it though, and it had more a dark fantasy feel to it, just like all of Guillermo’s movies.
            Rachel latest blog post: Vintage Wedding

• Creative Fashion August 8, 2013, 11:38 AM

I found your blog through Grit & Glamour, I enjoyed both your blogs. I too love that zipped ankle boots, elegant and chic.
            Creative Fashion latest blog post: 1 Floral Blouse for 5 Different Fall Outfits

• Beautifully Invisible August 27, 2013, 11:44 AM

Hi there, thanks for commenting and visiting! G & G is one of my favorite blogs AND people :)

• Grit & Glamour™ (@gritandglamour) August 7, 2013, 3:33 PM

Good to see you back, B! Have missed you. Thanks for the mention.

And uh, KILLING ME with the TF zipper boots. GAH.
            Grit & Glamour™ (@gritandglamour) latest blog post: Seven Deadly Sins Series: LUST

• Beautifully Invisible August 27, 2013, 11:45 AM

Thanks for commenting V! I am slowly trying to get back into the swing of things – easier to do with FTF than BI for some reason, but I am trying. LOVED your series. I know I didn’t leave a comment on your site but read every word. Also, that pro-blogging post you published? Genius.

xoxo