Raquel Zimmermann for Alexander McQueen, Fall/Winter 2011 by David Sims

(Right Click the image above and de-select “play” to pause the Campaign Animation)

Dramatic. Intense. Fanciful. Edgy. Ethereal. Magnificent. Breathtaking.

Raquel Zimmermann stars in the unforgettable Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 2011 Ad Campaign photographed by David Sims.  The images – stunning artwork in their own right – are a beautiful accompaniment to Sarah Burton’s dramatic designs.  Noted stylist Camilla Nickerson worked with Zimmerman and Sims and created a world that is pure Alexander McQueen.

uncategorized photoshoot photography models ad campaign 2  Raquel Zimmermann for Alexander McQueen, Fall/Winter 2011 by David Sims

All images courtesy of McQueen Facebook Page

So, what do you think of the campaign?  Love it?  Hate it?  Indifferent?  I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Ad Campaign Details:
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Guido Palau
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni

All images courtesy of McQueen Facebook Page.  Animated gif via Alexander McQueen website.

{ 8 comments… add one }

CommentLuv badge

Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

• Jae Victor August 10, 2011, 12:33 PM

Nice images and all but not being able to turn off the looped video at the top while I’m reading the page is highly annoying. I wonder if they thought about that when it was created.

• Socialite August 3, 2011, 6:36 PM

These are fabulous. Deep and dark but still enchanting.

• Alex Elizabeth August 2, 2011, 9:13 PM

Reminds me a lot of the Savage Beauty exhibit (especially the animation), which I also thought was extremely well done. I just saw it last weekend.

• Casee Marie August 2, 2011, 6:31 PM

It’s so McQueen! I love it. There’s such a feeling that you’ve been transporting fully into Lee’s world. He’d be so proud. Sarah Burton did such a commendable job with this collection and the campaign team showcased it perfectly.

The animation just clinches it, I hadn’t seen that before. Gorgeous!

• Jenmarie August 2, 2011, 5:57 PM

I think they’re fantastic! I love the dark element. Some of them remind me of posters for a movie.

• Alexis of NorthOnHarper August 2, 2011, 2:28 PM

All I can say is—- I gasped. So enchanting.

• Tanvi August 2, 2011, 1:58 PM

It is fascinating … and beautiful! I like it! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

• Kirstin Marie August 2, 2011, 1:24 PM

Ugh…it’s just so brilliant. I’ve been a fan of McQueen for so long, and even after his death, his collections never cease to amaze. I love the photography and imagery behind this campaign. It’s mystically beautiful.