First, I want to take a second to thank everyone for the wonderful response to my Jack Sparrow Fashion Icon post. As you all know, I don’t normally write things like this, but it seemed the timing was perfect for something lighthearted. I am happy the post was chosen for this week’s Links à la Mode. I hope it will allow more people to get a glimpse of the other (fun!) side of me.
Second, I know there has been some controversy surrounding the content and wording of this week’s LALM introduction. I am not going to go into it here except to encourage you to read this follow-up article by Jennine Jacob: “Why Beautiful Imagery is Important for Fashion Blogger Success.”
I hope you enjoy all the links below.
P.S. Check out this post on Grit & Glamour if you are interested in learning more about how to submit a post to IFB’s Links à la Mode.
Your Blogs Perfect Accessory: Brilliant Pictures
Edited by Denimology
As I was selecting my posts for this weeks Links A La Mode, I realized how important it is to have attractive and original images in your posts. I noticed that I would open a post and close it promptly if the images looked rather….. what’s the word… meh.
Here is how to have your blog posts chosen by me [Denimology] for LALM:
- Images Are The Main Course — A great image will draw in your reader. The image might be beautiful, odd, heartwarming, instructive or just curiosity-provoking, so long as it keeps the reader wanting to read your post.
- Don’t Forget To Use an Image — It’s better to use a generic image than no image at all but ultimately your image should represent what the subject of your post is about.
- High Quality Images Are Best — We’ve all heard the saying “Pictures speak a thousand words”, but in the blogging world they speak even more. Adding HQ pictures to a blog post will visually stimulate your readers and help them identify with you, the writer.
- Resize Your Images — While images can make your blog looked polished and professional, having images that hang over into the margins or that are cut off is sloppy blogging.
Links à la Mode: May 19th
- And She Loved: How to DIY more– list of resources for DIY projects and ideas
- Beautifully Invisible: 5 Things Jack Sparrow Taught Me About Fashion & Makeup
- bestofbklyn: Summer getaway essentials
- Beyond Fabric: Incorporating ethnic pieces into your attire
- Chic ‘n Cheap Living: Wardrobe staple: Trouser jeans
- Denimology: Denimology’s 5th Anniversary ‘Free Jeans Every Day In May’ Denim Giveaway Want free jeans? We have Lots to give away!
- fashionablynumb: Angel Garcia The Label Whore. People who get carried away with labels and logos.
- For Those About to Shop: 10 great designer quotations
- ggfashionista: A tutorial in how to achieve a chic headband look with a scarf
- IFB: New IFB Feature — Twitter/Livestream Chat
- Kirstin Marie: A shopaholic’s tips
- Mary Jane Girl: Kristen Leotsakou Interior design: do’s, don’ts and must have items
- My Favorite Fashion: Victoria Vintage Vision: how & why vintage fashion has become so popular
- Rose tinted uncertainty: Rhona Nolan – Should we pick one look or reserve our right to be polystylish???
- Sample Sale Sites: Jeans Make A Difference – Denim Unites For Peace
- Speak2Ashley: Style lessons from French women, the French way
- StyleSizzle: How to build a better wardrobe
- Styling You: Why the colour navy is so Posh
- Stylish Thought: Are you a Savage Blogger?
- TheStylishButterfly: Confessions of a new blogger: High fashion vs. real fashion
- ThisIsAYes: Summer Ready? – from less Makeup to more Sailing, Mint Green Dresses, more Maxi Skirts and Round Sunglasses
- truequeen: 11 Ways to Revamp Your Dresser