Finally, some new images have cropped up from the December/January Issue which was edited (and heavily photographed!) by the iconic Tom Ford.
1. Let’s start with the cover image again. As first discussed here, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott photographed the shot with Tom Ford and 15 year old Daphne Groeneveld. Anyone else think she looks like a cross between Lara Stone and 1970s Jerry Hall?
2. I can’t read French. For the first time in my life, I wish I had taken French lessons instead of Spanish! Who knew. This image appears to be from some sort of advertorial to me… maybe Christmas? Anyone know? Regardless – I adore it. How cute are these little girls, all dressed up in mommy’s clothes? It kind of makes you want to be a kid again.
3. Then there is this article (or is it just photographs?) by Lisa Eisner. This WWD article mentioned that this is a very personal issue for Mr. Ford. He asked some of his closest friends to contribute, including Eisener. I bet she took the photo, and I love it.
4. “Mes Swans” is the editorial which focuses on the woman who inspire the genius. Betty Catroux is a well-known muse of Mr. Ford’s, so it is only fitting that hers be the first image released. My guess is that this will be one of the most interesting editorials (and likely my favorite) in the issue, plus Tom Ford was the photographer! And they are all wearing his designs! Can’t go wrong with that.
5. Wait – something is missing. Where is Tom Ford?! Here we have Daphne again in the same pose (but a different outfit) from the cover shot. Can I just say that I adore the top she has on? I have to add that to my lust list immediately. I am guessing this will be the editorial on the new collection. OK, maybe THIS will be my favorite editorial.
6. Then we have this image. I am not sure what this editorial will focus on. My first instinct is that it is about love… but I also know one of the editorials focuses on high jewelry. There is a whole lot of bling in this shot. Just saying.
7. This editorial was photographed by Terry Richardson at Tom Ford’s New Mexico ranch. Love him or hate him, Richardson’s shoots are always interesting and buzzworthy. Can’t wait to see the rest of this one.
8. Well, I don’t know the name of Mr. Ford’s ranch, but I know it is in Sante Fe. I am guessing this is an editorial that doesn’t focus on fashion, but on an aspect of his life instead.
9. This is sure to be one of the most intriguing reads in the issue. “La Pan There Ose” is a piece that focuses on mature women who have resisted having plastic surgery.
That is it for the previews! The issue is supposed to be available on November 30th and includes a calendar with model Daria Werbowy.
My verdict? I am going to need a French to English translator because this is a must have. Do you agree?